Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Factions Nostalgia Proposal -=4mats4=-

Would you play on the factions nostalgia server?

• Yes

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters

4mats4

a day into the new Arctic map and i think its terrible.

a balanced old school factions server would be infinitely better than whatever is happening on Arctic.

View attachment 110

In all serious though, I wasn't expecting this arctic map thing to be anything special, but it's really appalling what "factions" is on this server. It's just a bunch of flashy gimmicks to make is seem like there's a ton of "cool features" but none of it matters.

The economy is absolutely ruined, I have 860k right now and I haven't lifted a finger due to keys and don't even get me started on keys!

I have a lot of economy retooling to do in this proposal, so stay tuned for that.

I would genuinely be excited for this to happen, and would definitely play.

I recommend making this server only available on 1.7(?) or prior clients. Simpler platform for a simpler server.

I miss when factions was about forgetting what was happening in real life, and just having fun. Enough of this /f top superiority mindset, I just crave the pure enjoyment I used to have while playing factions.
I admit I really don't know much about like the versions and what would be the best version to use, but I think 1.7 or 1.8 is what's used now.

I honestly cannot express how fucking much i would like this. Ever since i joined this map ive been thinking about old vortex. Literally every day. And i miss it so fucking much. Please make this happen.

4mats4

This is one of the best ideas ive seen in a long time.
Share it with your friends and people you used to play with! Spread it around because the more people that know about it the better the chance it gets made!

Also what are your thoughts of the proposal? What did you like or didn't like specifically? Anything else you would add?

What would be a good size for Warzone around spawn?

Shorter or longer distance to faction spawn claims?

Is running to spawn bases/traps a bad thing?

What kind of blocks would you want to see in warzone?
- Darker or Lighter theme? grass, sand, mycelium, etc.

I was thinking like 10 chunks of open flat land on all sides of spawn.
Should it be more than 10? less?

Again, any input on this nostalgia server would be appreciated.
Or any input on what you like/dislike about factions in general.

(picture is just an example)

just ran a test raid.

with obby set to 8 hits and cobble 2 hits.

Took 2 people about 1.5 hrs. and 1.5 dubs of tnt. no dispensers and all hand placed tnt.

10 chunks, 3 sand walls, obby buffer, cobble buffer.

learned alot and will be making adjustments.

just ran a test raid.

with obby set to 8 hits and cobble 2 hits.

Took 2 people about 1.5 hrs. and 1.5 dubs of tnt. no dispensers and all hand placed tnt.

10 chunks, 3 sand walls, obby buffer, cobble buffer.

learned alot and will be making adjustments.
We were using a test Jar Casper set up using some of the suggestions I made in this thread. The balance between no dispensers and no water protection works really well with sand wall defense, and cobble 2, obby 8, and endstone 15 blast resistances. The jar also allowed tnt to only do damage inside of enemy territory, and it was great being able to shoot and test things out on our cannon without worrying about the cannon blowing up.

Like og said we learned a lot, and are probably going to boost obby to 15 and endstone to 30 blast resistance to give defenses more of a buff.

All the pieces are starting to come together, so please comment with any suggestions and share this with your fellow players to start generating a buzz

Never going to happen, harry ruined the server the day he joined and removed all the good custom plugins and replaced them with myth crap. Even small things like TNT paper, shop gui and custom enchants. The only thing that has improved is the cannon jar.

Never going to happen, harry ruined the server the day he joined and removed all the good custom plugins and replaced them with myth crap. Even small things like TNT paper, shop gui and custom enchants. The only thing that has improved is the cannon jar.
Other than the concern for the administration, what are your overall thoughts on the proposal itself? Any suggestions or comments?