Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Staff Application from Onicurtis

What is your ign?
(current) Onicurtis (previous names) https://namemc.com/search?q=onicurtis

What is your age?

What is your timezone?
(GMT)

What country are you from?
United Kingdom

Do you have a microphone?
Yes

Do you have recording software?
Yes

What planet/galaxy do you play the most on?
Moon

How many hours a week can dedicate to VortexPvP?

Do you have any experience being staff previously on VortexPvP?
No

Why do you want to become staff?
I would like to be staff on Vortexpvp because. I've really enjoyed this server. Even though I've only been playing for around a month I come on every day for a crazy amount of hours. I love helping people even if it's just a simple how to claim some land. I don't only stick to factions I do sometimes go on skyblock. I've owned a few servers. kitpvp, factions and tried creative. Sadly all these did fail however what I learnt from being an Owner of a server was staff commands and how to run a community and how to deal with certain situations.

I am honest when I help someone who is genuine and who actually needs help it makes me feel like I've done something. I have to admit I was a little worried when I got onto this server from how chilled the staff team was. But when I had to ask for help for something I bought from buycraft or when someone insided my f home. They came quickly and didn't leave till the Job was done. Which I love in a staff team.

The final thing I want to say is. I never give up for every server that I play I never quit and if I did it usually because the server was shut down. I always try and get the task done. and If I was struggling I would just ask another staff member but I do learn fast.

If I did become staff I would help the entire server to the fullest that I could possibly can. As I always do try my hardest and when I don't I feel ashamed and feel as if I've not done everything in my power to do so.
I'm also on the forums at least 2 hours a day (maybe more) if my schedule allows me.

Kitpvp. This failed mainly because I didn't have a good developer not to mention I didn't have much money to put into the server. Also my player base was at around 10-15. It failed because I couldn't afford to keep it up.

Factions - I didn't have a dev at all for factions, I did it all myself Got around 20 players on a good day. But sadly it's the same thing the money issue, I couldn't get people to buy ranks to keep the server afloat and was still studying at school full time so I couldn't put that much time into this server.

Creative - I don't remember that much about Creative mainly because I couldn't exactly get all the plugins to work as I wanted them to so I didn't even open this server and eventually I had to shut it down.

On factions and kitpvp. I had staff and I learnt some of the commands of staff like for an example. /mute. ,/ban and etc. I also learnt the best way to keep a bad situation under control. I also got some good experience of leadership as I was the owner.

The Link to the video of my kitpvp server:

I've also been a server on one server I just call it wars as I'm not sure if I;m allowed to say it's full name. I was a month for around 1-2 months when I was early 15. My last proper time playing until now to be honest.

Screenshot_3.png

When I was an helper on this server I was mainly in charge of keeping chat clean and just trying to keep it run smoothly. If I remember correctly I only had access to /mute and /staff and When I was on this server I had to take screenshots to show. Why I was muting this player. I did end up muting a few players mainly just because of flooding chat which is usually 10m mute. Or longer depending on if they were done it more than once. I also had access to /sc which is staff chat. Me being a helper on here was short but I did have a good experience and did help me become more mature and know more about what staff actually do on a server of good size.

Tell us more about yourself.
Hello, I'm Curtis i'm 16. 17 in just under 2 months, I go to college full time (3 days a week 9 am to 2:30 pm)
I've been playing Minecraft since 2015, 1 year of that was playing creative. The other 3 was me playing factions as I'm doing right now. I've always liked to help people who are in need, I do charity work sometimes, And I have work placement However I will still be on most days till around 12 am to 1 am my time. As I'm always on Minecraft or if I'm afk I am always on discord. Also if my grammar is a little bad/spellings it's because I have dyslexia and sometimes find it hard to spell and to use the correct grammar. I also like History and funny enough English. If I have any mistakes (I'm bound to have a few) please don't hesitate to comment and I will try my best to correct the given words.

Thank you for reading my application for staff.

- Curtis

Last edited:

HisActions

Staff member
Mod
Vortex
Hello Curtis,

I like the application. Could you provide us with anything to shows you were the owner of these servers?

Thanks,
Actions.

I found my old kitpvp server (almost 2 years ago) (**Removed**)

The other two might be a little harder to find because Idk if I started youtube when I created the others.

Last edited by a moderator:

HisActions

Staff member
Mod
Vortex
I'm talking about screenshots, documents, etc. not a server address for a server thats been offline forever.

I got a youtube vid of me on it. Best I can do because it deleted from the service provider and such.

Would you like the youtube vid?

oDarkG

Staff member
Mod
Yeah send the video, and by the way what were the reasons that these servers failed? What did you learn from the servers that drastically failed.
Also I don't know how you are on factions 48 hours a week but more power to you if you can pull that off.

Change/Add those things and i will +1 this...

Good Luck!

Thanks for your feedback, I added the things you asked for.

I'm usually on factions from 10 am to around 1 am my time. That's why my hours a week is a little crazy.

What is your ign?
(current) Onicurtis (previous names) https://namemc.com/search?q=onicurtis

What is your age?

What is your timezone?
(GMT)

What country are you from?
United Kingdom

Do you have a microphone?
Yes

Do you have recording software?
Yes

What planet/galaxy do you play the most on?
Moon

How many hours a week can dedicate to VortexPvP?

Do you have any experience being staff previously on VortexPvP?
No

Why do you want to become staff?
I would like to be staff on Vortexpvp because. I've really enjoyed this server. Even though I've only been playing for around a month I come on every day for a crazy amount of hours. I love helping people even if it's just a simple how to claim some land. I don't only stick to factions I do sometimes go on skyblock. I've owned a few servers. kitpvp, factions and tried creative. Sadly all these did fail however what I learnt from being an Owner of a server was staff commands and how to run a community and how to deal with certain situations.

I am honest when I help someone who is genuine and who actually needs help it makes me feel like I've done something. I have to admit I was a little worried when I got onto this server from how chilled the staff team was. But when I had to ask for help for something I bought from buycraft or when someone insided my f home. They came quickly and didn't leave till the Job was done. Which I love in a staff team.

The final thing I want to say is. I never give up for every server that I play I never quit and if I did it usually because the server was shut down. I always try and get the task done. and If I was struggling I would just ask another staff member but I do learn fast.

If I did become staff I would help the entire server to the fullest that I could possibly can. As I always do try my hardest and when I don't I feel ashamed and feel as if I've not done everything in my power to do so.
I'm also on the forums at least 2 hours a day (maybe more) if my schedule allows me.

Kitpvp. This failed mainly because I didn't have a good developer not to mention I didn't have much money to put into the server. Also my player base was at around 10-15. It failed because I couldn't afford to keep it up.

Factions - I didn't have a dev at all for factions, I did it all myself Got around 20 players on a good day. But sadly it's the same thing the money issue, I couldn't get people to buy ranks to keep the server afloat and was still studying at school full time so I couldn't put that much time into this server.

Creative - I don't remember that much about Creative mainly because I couldn't exactly get all the plugins to work as I wanted them to so I didn't even open this server and eventually I had to shut it down.

On factions and kitpvp. I had staff and I learnt some of the commands of staff like for an example. /mute. ,/ban and etc. I also learnt the best way to keep a bad situation under control. I also got some good experience of leadership as I was the owner.

The Link to the video of my kitpvp server:

Tell us more about yourself.
Hello, I'm Curtis i'm 16. 17 in just under 2 months, I go to college full time (3 days a week 9 am to 2:30 pm)
I've been playing Minecraft since 2015, 1 year of that was playing creative. The other 3 was me playing factions as I'm doing right now. I've always liked to help people who are in need, I do charity work sometimes, And I have work placement However I will still be on most days till around 12 am to 1 am my time. As I'm always on Minecraft or if I'm afk I am always on discord. Also if my grammar is a little bad/spellings it's because I have dyslexia and sometimes find it hard to spell and to use the correct grammar. I also like History and funny enough English. If I have any mistakes (I'm bound to have a few) please don't hesitate to comment and I will try my best to correct the given words.

Thank you for reading my application for staff.

- Curtis
1+ Nice Application Format, I like how you have Proof and Provided a Video!

Overall, good application I just have a few comments to make.
Your server used the premade config for its scoreboard, with maybe 2 general tweaks I see.
Along with clearlagg, the config is the same as well.
Yet again, ops have access to opping other players on the server which is highly not recommended or even used on other servers.
Also in your video, you reported someone for "ugly", which shows unprofessionalism.
Overall, your server was not professional at all and was poorly made. I highly doubt your knowledge to servers is anything needed here at Vortex, as you have little to none. Servers mostly don't shut down because of funds, if you had the player base you said you did then there should of been a minimal coming in each month. Also, why keep making new servers if you had that playerbase? Redo the one you have, or there was more you didn't tell us. You also lack good communication errors with multiple spelling errors I see.

Okay, I think I see where you're coming from. All I can say is this was almost or was two years ago I was at this time 14 and wasn't mature like now. I don't exactly know why you're bothered about the servers as I'm not applying for dev But I see where you're coming from. And I've had staff experience but the only reason I didn't put it because I was demoted and I didn't resign. Thanks for your feedback.

(If this sounds rude Not my intention)