Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Staff Application Requirement Revamp / Issue / Suggestion

- Response -

Hello! my name is Panther!

I first Noticed your Server on the 10th, I now just Joined the Community! I noticed that you were Recruiting for Staff, as I reviewed the Requirements I noticed that you have a Requirement that you need to of Donated Star+ in order to also become a Staff Member. That's what I think is an Issue, its your Server an all but I have owned my own Server before and its not Fair for all Players that are willing to apply for Staff. I've looked over your Staff Team and it seems Quit Hefty in the First Place, but not all are Active so I can see why you need Staff still. I hope you can tell me why this Requirement even Exists, I just think it seems in the Motion of p2w, but you don't win.

- Issue Stated -

" •==Requirements==•

You will need the following requirements in order for your application to be Accepted!

• Star+ Donator Rank "

_Strom

I think it comes down to preference in this case, in extreme cases if applications were open to all it could reach a point to where it isn't taken seriously, and I think going forward that's the wrong direction for Vortex. I think donators should have a deeper appreciation of the server since they have directly contributed to its future and showed monetary support, so the window of abuse or taking advantage of position for their own benefit is less common, whereas some non-donator members could have a "what do I have to lose, its not like I have real money on the line". Very similar to if you buy anything with your own money, you tend to take care of it more.

I dunno, I'm not staff for the server but I've had experience with this stuff.

I think it comes down to preference in this case, in extreme cases if applications were open to all it could reach a point to where it isn't taken seriously, and I think going forward that's the wrong direction for Vortex. I think donators should have a deeper appreciation of the server since they have directly contributed to its future and showed monetary support, so the window of abuse or taking advantage of position for their own benefit is less common, whereas some non-donator members could have a "what do I have to lose, its not like I have real money on the line". Very similar to if you buy anything with your own money, you tend to take care of it more.

I dunno, I'm not staff for the server but I've had experience with this stuff.
I totally agree but not all the time donators make a Good Staff Member.

oDarkG

Staff member
Mod
We are actually doing a full revamp of the rules for future resets as a matter of a fact. Considering that a rank is less than a dollar I personally do not see a need to change that rule because we are constantly running a sale. Plus if you vote 75 times in a month you get a $10 voucher which is plenty for a donator rank.

Most people do end up buying a rank because unless you're a hardcore player who doesn't want ranks/kits who lives off of the OG factions/skyblock ways, they get tired of not being able to fly on skyblock etc. We appreciate the suggestion and we really look forward to you applying for staff in the near future, just remember you need to have a forums account at least 14 days old.

DarkTrainer45

Support Manager
Staff member
Manager
Howdy, as oDarkG stated. We’re currently doing a revamp on everything. Requirements, Rules and how things are going to work.
For the requirements you’re questioning to be unnecessary is actually necessary. Players who apply and have Star+ (by the way Star is the cheapest rank there’s no p2w about it) it shows the player is willing to play the server and donate to enjoy. This shows the community that buying a rank gives you more access to things you wouldn’t have before fly god (Comet and Nebula). But at the moment the rank is only $1 I believe which is cheapest of any rank. Buying a rank isn’t being pay to win it’s giving you access to more cosmetics. Thats decoration to what’s already there.

Howdy, as oDarkG stated. We’re currently doing a revamp on everything. Requirements, Rules and how things are going to work.
For the requirements you’re questioning to be unnecessary is actually necessary. Players who apply and have Star+ (by the way Star is the cheapest rank there’s no p2w about it) it shows the player is willing to play the server and donate to enjoy. This shows the community that buying a rank gives you more access to things you wouldn’t have before fly god (Comet and Nebula). But at the moment the rank is only $1 I believe which is cheapest of any rank. Buying a rank isn’t being pay to win it’s giving you access to more cosmetics. Thats decoration to what’s already there.
Alrighty, well either way I am a Donator so I don't have to Worry anyways. Just wanted to express my Opinion on this Rule!